Vango Soneva Air 550XL Airbeam Tent 2023
- Pitching time: 12 mins
- Flysheet and inners pitch together
- Vango's Sentinel Exclusive 150D 5,000HH Polyester fabric
- Vango's Super Size Airbeams & Villa Construction
- SkyTrack II System & Iconic Rear Storage Area
- Dark Midnight Bedrooms for a better nights sleep
Visit our showroom to view our tents
Need advice? Talk to a camping expert
The Vango Soneva Air Tent is one of our favourite tents as there is nothing that can compete with it when it comes to storage and usable space. Most similar tents this size would be considered a 6 berth but the 550XL is a true 5-person tent or if you really like your comfort a 3/4 berth. As Vango have used every feature in their arsenal it has to be one of the highest spec and best value Polyester tents on the market. The Soneva has been designed so every zone has a purpose: a rear storage compartment behind the bedroom section is ideal for storing clothes either in a unit or in their case. This will then allow you to get changed without having to go into the living area. Another storage pod is built onto the living area which lends itself better for housing a portable toilet or larder unit. Really what the pod helps to do is declutter the main living area and allowing space for tables, chairs or whatever you wish to use to make your tent feel like a home away from home.
The Main living area gives you more than enough space for your camping setup and actually feels bigger than you’d expect it to be thanks to Vango’s new upright Villa Construction Airbeams which give better internal room even in the corners. With boxy Bedrooms at the back of the tent, it doesn’t matter what you are choosing to sleep on, you won’t have a problem fitting it in as they are extra wide and deep. In addition, Vango have made them in their new Midnight fabric which is as good as blackout, enabling you to get a longer night’s sleep and not being woken by the light of dawn. Zip dividers between the bedroom sections make each pod feel likes its own but at the same time can be opened up to utilize the space as you see fit.
The built on Front Awning is the perfect place for cooking, relaxing or even becoming your wet/dry area for shoes and bikes. The front door gives the user the flexibility to keep the weather completely out. The tops of the PVC windows drop down to allow airflow into the tent while the curtains still ensure privacy; alternatively, the curtains can be rolled away for ventilation without barriers. This means it becomes part of the elite group of polyester tents on the market which has a built-in mesh front door. With multiple high and low mesh windows & doors the tent becomes a more comfortable environment to be camping in. The mesh covers also stop any bugs/insects from joining your party. Vango have now tinted the windows of the Soneva throughout the tent to give a more premium look while also increasing privacy, zip curtains can also be used if ultimate privacy is what you are after.
Vango’s Soneva 550XL has a multi-functional front door that allows it to be put in different positions to give as much shelter as you want away from the weather. A groundsheet for the front section can be purchased with the footprint so that you can completely enclose the front area. The divisional door between the living area and awning area can be zipped back completely so that suddenly you have one big open living space. The lip between the sections also folds down to create a trip-less walk through ideal for push chairs or wheel chairs. As the Air 550XL tent can be pitched and packed away with ease it doesn’t stop you using it for a weekend let alone a week. Why not check out our own Attwoolls Outdoors Pitching Video to see how simple it really is?
- Pack Size: L75.0 x H51.0 x W52.0cm
- Weight: 50kg
- Pitching time: 12 mins
- Capacity: 5 Person Tent
- AirSpeed® Valve - Inflate and deflate your tent effortlessly in minutes with the unique and conveniently positioned valve
- Storage Side Pod - An additional storage area to keep your living space free
- Rear Storage Area – the whole back of the tent has an additional storage area which can be easily accessed from the bedrooms
- Villa Construction - Upright side walls increase the height within the tent allowing you to fully maximise the internal space
- Sentinel Exclusive Fabric - Designed for dedicated campers who embark on several trips a year, often for extended breaks. The blend of fibres ensures longevity against any wear and tear, whilst our new ColourLok technology enhances resistance to UV fading. Sentinel Pro is extremely waterproof (5,000mm HH rating) and will perform in all weather conditions.
- Built-in Front Awning - Provides extra enclosed space perfect for socialising, dining and storage
- Conservatory Covered Entrance - With large bay windows and a rain safe door it is the perfect place to socialise or dine no matter the weather
- Multiple Mesh Doors - Increase the flow of air within your tent while keeping bugs out
- Multi-flex Front Doors - Allows you to have varying levels of opening, perfect for any weather
- SkyTrack™ II - A flexible hanging system that allows you to easily attach lighting or storage. The SkyTrack™ system truly allows you to tailor your tent to suit your needs
- Multiple Cable Entry Points - Three cleverly positioned cable entry points allow you to neatly feed electrical cables into your tent allowing you to keep your camping appliances powered
- Living Area Pelmet Pockets - Conveniently positioned pockets perfect for storing essentials
- High Cable Entry - Allows you to neatly run electrical cables out into the awning area at the front of the tent
- Clear Access Bedrooms - A wider opening and no step over into the bedroom allows for easier access
- Super-King Bedrooms - Provides 70cm of sleeping space per person as well as additional legroom perfect for taller campers or anyone using camp beds
- Midnight Bedrooms - Premium darkened bedrooms for a great comfortable night's sleep
- Double Section Living Area - You are sure to have plenty of space to relax and unwind with our double section living area
- Zipped Privacy Curtains - Simple and quick to use, zip curtains allow varying levels of opening. Fit the flysheet with no gaps and simply roll away
- Diamond Pro - High-quality tinted windows which provide clearer views and increased durability
- AirZone Panel - Increases the airflow into the living space
- Smart Pack Roller Bag - Full front of the roller bag drops down providing an area for your tent to be rolled and compressed straight into the bag.
- Webbing Storm Anchors - Secure guying of the tent providing peace of mind in adverse conditions
- Vango AirBeam® - Quick to pitch and creates a strong and rigid structure
- Roll Away Internal Door - Internal front door can be fully rolled to the side to provide a spacious larger living area
- Flat Entry - An adaptable door step which can easily be dropped to ground level allowing you to effortlessly enter your tent living area without needing to step over the entrance
- Fully zipped front awning - The new front door has a curved zip which can be used from either side and will pack into a window pocket at the base so no more rolling away
- TBS® II - Ensures the tent performs in adverse conditions, especially in strong, changeable winds
- SuperBeams™ - Larger diameter beams providing additional structure and stability to the awning
- Smart Pack Bag - means it’s easy to pack away and transport.
|Tent Size||5 man tent|