Vango Heddon 200 Tent 2024
- Pitching time: 5 mins
- Flysheet and inner pitch together
- Protex® Eco 70D 3,000HH Polyester flysheet
- Unique Walking pole construction
- Mesh panels to reduce condensation build-up
- Carry bag and pegs include
Visit our showroom to view our tents
Need advice? Talk to a camping expert
The Vango Heddon is incredibly light as it doesn’t have any poles. Instead, it has been designed to utilise your walking poles to create the structure of the tent and help to reduce your pack from any unnecessary extra weight. Along with this different concept Vango have made the flysheet material eco-friendly by manufacturing it out of Single use plastic. The Heddon is available in two sizes, a one berth which is surprisingly spacious and a two berth which is traditionally more compact. One of the biggest plus points to the Heddon is its compact and lightweight pack size, not many tents can compete with Heddon, especially when you consider the price. The pitching process is quite easy, merely peg the base of the inner tent, insert/extend your walking poles and then peg out all of the guylines. There are multiple reflective points on the tent and if that wasn’t enough there are reflective guylines as well with easy adjustable line-lok runners.
The Heddon sits in Vango’s new Earth Trek Collection which has been designed to be environmentally friendly and durable. The entire range is made from single use plastics and every tent has an equivalent plastic bottle total to help show what Vango can create from just a small amount of waste. The Protex Eco fabric has a waterproof rating of 3,000mm HH and UV protection factor of UPF30+. The material has been designed to be lightweight and durable as we have come to know and love from Vango’s Trekking tents.
Due to the design of the Heddon there is a natural storage section by the entrance which is the perfect place for your muddy shoes and other equipment you wish to put in the sheltered area to allow you to maximise your bedroom inner. At the top of the door is a slight ridge which helps to stop the rain from dripping into the tent and because the inner tent has an ‘O’ shaped door it allows you to get in and out without too much effort. The bedroom inner has a strong groundsheet material which is waterproof to 6,000mm HH. There are also inner pockets to help store items such as phones or torches. In the door of the inner tent, you have a mesh panel which can be opened as a vent to help increase airflow and reduce condensation.
The door section of the Heddon can also be used as a slight canopy by purchasing an extra pole to create a bit of a sail and providing a bit of extra shelter away from the elements. Overall, the tent ticks a lot of boxes: it is lightweight, durable and surprisingly very strong when pitched.
- Weight: 1.92kg
- Pack Size: 30xø25cm
- Capacity: 2 Person Tent
- Pitching Time: 5 Minutes
- Protex® Eco Flysheet - Created from single-use plastics with a focus on the environment, this 70D polyester is waterproof to 3000mm HH, has fully taped seams, providing durability and reliability for wild camps.
- Fire Retardant Fabrics - Exceeds European EN5912 safety standard
- Fully Wind & Rain Tested - Tested with wind and heavy rainfall to the European standard EN5912
- Flysheet and Inner Pitch Together - Quick and easy to pitch and pack
- Inner Pockets - Conveniently positioned pockets for organising essential items
- Line-Lok Guyline Runners - Lock securely, simple to release and high performance in all conditions
- Rain Stop Flysheet Doors - Structured so that rain will not drop into the inner when opened
- Twin Flysheet Doors - Allows easier access for two or more occupants, and/or additional storage
- Multiple Reflective Points - On pegging points for visibility in low light
- O-shaped Inner Doors - Easy to open with one hand
- Fully Taped Seams - All flysheet and groundsheet seams are factory taped for a watertight seal
- Fast Pack Tent Bag - Oversized opening for easy packing and compression straps to control pack size
- Breathable Polyester Inner - Allows condensation to pass through, for a comfortable night's sleep
- Part Mesh Inner Door - Allows ventilation, while keeping bugs out
- Flexible fit pegging points - Elasticised rear panel and multiple pegging points allow a secure fit onto small and large trekking tents.
- Flysheet Vent - Permanent vent above door to reduce condensation and increase comfort
- Mult-Function Porch - Roll back the door on either side to shelter from changing winds and for the ultimate panorama view, open all three
- Walking Pole Structure - Quick pitching using two walking poles creating a lightweight small pack size
- Large mesh windows with roll up flap - Storm proof and allow in maximum light & great ventilation
- Additional Ventilation – Increases air flow throughout the tent and helps to reduce the possibility of condensation
|2 man tent