Outdoor Revolution Cayman Curl XLE F/G (Poled) Mid Awning 2024
- Pitching time: 14 mins
- 120 HDE lightweight fabric
- Robust Lightweight Fibreglass poles
- Rain safe canopy door with 2/3rds opening
- Sewn-in Groundsheet with Drop-down doors
- Pegs & Carry Bag Included
Visit our showroom to view our tents
Need advice? Talk to a camping expert
The Cayman Curl XLE is a new awning for the 2022 season. It’s goal is to offer a big awning at a small price without compromising on quality. The Curl uses fibreglass poles to help keep the pack weight and size down while retaining a good structural strength. A pre-angled joint allows better internal headroom inside the awning. As the awning is side facing it means that your awning is most likely going to be facing a view rather than your neighbour's pitch and will maximise your pitch size along the van. At the front of the Cayman there is an open canopy to give a rain safe door helping to create a sheltered outside space so that you can get a bit of protection against the wind. This area can also be enclosed by purchasing the Porch Door to increase your internal space.
A large internal area makes a perfect living area when the weather turns. This same space can also be turned into a sleeping area by purchasing either a 2 berth or 4 berth bedrooms. A sewn-in groundsheet keeps the weather out and drop-down doorways give a trip free access ideal for wheel chairs and kids. The XLE has a generous tunnel section which can be used as additional storage space or merely as a corridor between the van and awnings, a door is also built into the tunnel to give access to the van without going through the awning.
There are two different sizes for attachment with the most popular one being for VW sized vans (Lowline = 180-210cm) and the taller size fits nicely to motorhomes and high-line camper vans (Midine = 210-255cm). Crystal clear PVC windows offer plenty of light in the awning and toggle-up privacy curtains can be used to hide the contents of the awning when you drive-away.
PVC windows give plenty of light into the awning while toggle up curtains give privacy when required. There are multiple ways of attaching the awning to the van: a 4mm & 6mm Kador beading allows the awning to be fitted into any rails/windouts; a pole can be fed through a sleeve on the tunnel and then clamped into a gutter rail; or, simply, guylines can be thrown over the top of the vehicle and pegged to pull the fabric up to the van. Thankfully the Curl XLE is quick and easy to pitch (as seen from our Attwoolls Pitching & Packing Videos) and it also packs away to a nice small size which is crucial when in a small van.
The Curl XLE Poled is the perfect awning for someone who wants key features as well as lots of space without breaking the bank.
- Width: 460cm
- Depth: 300cm (420cm with tunnel)
- Kador Lenght: 250cm
- Attachment Height: 210 - 255cm
- Pack Size: 80 x 42 x 30cm
- Weight: 16.95kg
- 120HDE High Density all-weather lightweight fabric
- Hydrostatic Head 3000mm
- Robust lightweight fibreglass poles
- Zip back 2/3rds doors with side window
- Optional Porch Door can enclose the front canopy
- Integral full canopy with fibreglass poles
- Inner Cowl tension straps and cowl bungee for an adjustable vehicle fit
- 4mm & 6mm twin beading connection point
- Rear zip back cowl access for doors
- Crystal clear PVC windows with toggle up blinds
- Fully Sewn-in PE groundsheet
- Colour codes guylines with a quick adjustment system
- Adjustable webbing pegging system
- Hanging points for optional 2 berth sleeping inner tent
- Peg Set & Carry Bag included