Dometic Rarotonga TC 601 Air Tent 2021
- Pitching time: 14 mins
- Rear Storage Rear & Sleep-Tite Darkened Bedrooms
- Weathershield Airflow Polycotton flysheet
- Oversized AirFrame Inflatable Poles
- Zip up Curtains & Bedroom divider for the ultimate privacy
- Fully Sewn-in Groundsheet & Sabrelink Ready
Visit our showroom to view our tents
Need advice? Talk to a camping expert
The Dometic Rarotonga is a new Tent for the 2021 season which offers something a bit different in comparison to what we have seen before, Dometic have really tried to create the perfect three/four zone tent to suit a family who want flexibility. With an open front canopy you can really maximise the airflow into the tent while having shelter away from the rain, an additional front canopy or vestibule can be added onto the front of the Rarotonga to either extend or enclose the front section. Dometic have included every feature in their back catalogue to make this one of the best spec’d tents on the market and it really is the fine touches and details which make this tent what it is.
The Rarotonga TC is available in two sizes a 601 & 401 (6 person & 4 person) and is made from a Polycotton material which is perfect for those warmer days camping as it can is breathable allowing the internal temperature of the tent to be a lot more comfortable as well as having less condensation. The TC fabric also has a longer lifespan in comparison to a normal Polyester but it does tend to be about a 20% heavier. Through-out the tent there is great interior height thanks to a very boxy shape and oversized beams. The tent can be pitched by one person in around 12 minutes as seen in our Attwooll Pitching & Packing Video.
The tent has four zones: a rear storage area to de-clutter the main body of the tent, a very generous sleeping area to accommodate any air bed or camp bed, a big living area to make sure you are never short of space (especially on those rainy days), a ample open front canopy section giving you a great wet/dry area before entering the tent, this which can be used to create the perfect shelter cooking area and an additional vestibule can be purchased to enclose the space from the elements.
Dometic’s Rarotonga has key features such as zip curtains and bedroom dividers with press stud poppers to retain the material when not needed. The poppers also allow you to hang lights and cables around the tent which is something you don’t see on any other brand. The Rear Storage area can be used to increase the depth of the bedroom or help to hide away any excess bags. It would also be a good place for a low wardrobe so you can get changed in the morning without having to go into the living area. Darkened sleep-tite bedrooms help the whole family to sleep longer by blocking out the early morning light.
Overall we feel the Dometic Rarotonga TC is really raising the bar level in terms of what a tent can provide, not only is it practical but it is also easy on the eye.
- Exterior height - 210cm
- Pack Size - 100 x 60 x 54 cm
- Weight - 53.55kg
- Weathershield™ Airflow Classic polycotton - A breathable high quality polycotton material that provides all the protection of polyester materials whilst also offering superior comfort. The Classic material allows the tent to breathe which reduces condensation and helps regulate the temperature keeping the inside of the tent cooler on warm days. Don't be fooled by the coated polycotton materials used by some manufacturers as the coating prevents the material from breathing and therefore removes the benefits.
- Sewn-in Groundsheet - PE 10 x 10 130 g/m² 10,000 mm HH
- Inflatable - Oversized Tubes with External Inflation Points
- Deeper 225cm Bedrooms with boxy
- Box Style Bedroom - perfect for large Camp Beds and Airbeds
- Secondary mesh doors on all Side door
- Storm strap on the front and all guy-points
- Zipped inner divider - Offers greater privacy between inner bedrooms. Roll away when not required
- Metal Carabiner Lantern Hanging Points - Premium hanging points for lights
- Popper Cable Hanging Points - Easy to use and looks smarter
- New Bedroom low-level vents - low-level vents enhance ventilation throughout the bedrooms.
- Zipped privacy curtains - Simple and quick to use, zip curtains allow varying levels of opening.
- 'Sleeptite inner tents' - Darker fabric reduces the amount of early morning light
- Rear Storage Section - Ideal for taking the clutter out of the way of day to day living.
- Dometic Sabre Light Flex Compatible - Pre-stitched velcro points of Sabre Flex Lights
- Oversized Inflatable Frame structure - Allows pole free pitching, ensuring your tent is erect within a matter of minutes.
- All flysheet and groundsheet seams are factory taped - Provides watertight seal
- Dometic's Weathershield Classic - highly waterproof, breathable and reliable fabric that will keep you dry and comfortable
- Fully Sewn-in Groundsheet - adds to the comfort of your tent by providing a bug and draught free environment.
- Waterproof PE groundsheet
- Drop Down Entrances - Main doors have trip free access for push chairs and wheelchairs.
- Wardrobe Pole Ready - Clips in the bedrooms for optional hanging pole.
- Lightweight polyester bathtub groundsheet.
- Open Front Canopy - with an additional zip for add-ons.
- Full mesh inner door - Allows ventilation, whilst keeping bugs out
- Covered entrance - gives a sheltered entrance to your tent, which prevents rain from dripping into the living area
- Double zip door - provides additional flexibility by allowing the top of the door to be opened slightly for increased ventilation
- Bedroom pockets - conveniently positioned pockets for storing your essentials
- Inner Tent Fitting - Creates a seamless connection between inner and flysheet
- Living Room Pockets - conveniently positioned pockets for storing your essentials
- High Pressure Manual Pump Included
- Diamond Clear windows - Maximise light and visibility
- Tent Folding Line - Making points to you can fold the tent away with ease.
- Low and high ventilation - Combine to create a comfortable flow of air through the tent, reducing condensation
- Inflation Point Popper Cover - Gives easy access for pitching and packing your tent.
- Easypack holdall bag - Durable to take the effort out of packing your tent away
|Tent Size||6 man tent|