Kampa Trip (Poled) VW Driveaway Awning 2021
- Pitching time: 8 mins
- Weathershield 68D Polyester material
- Connection Height: 180 - 210cm
- Full Toggle-in Groundsheet & Toggle-up Curtains
- Small & Compact size perfect for short stays
- Fibreglass Poles for a lightweight pack size
Visit our showroom to view our tents
Need advice? Talk to a camping expert
The Trip is a compact awning based of Kampa’s best selling inflatable awning, you now have the choice of what frame you like, either the lightweight 'Dynaflex Fibreglass Poles' or the 'Air Frame System’. The awning offers a good amount of extra space without breaking the bank. You can see from our own pitching video how similar the poled awnings are to pitch on your own.
The trip has been designed for campervans with connecting heights between 180-210 cm, the addition of a clip-in waterproof groundsheet allows you to use the awning as extra storage space. A side door on the attachment area gives you the ability to get into your vehicle without having to go through the main body of the awning.
Internal windows allow plenty of natural light and blinds are included for extra privacy when required.
There are a number of ways to attach the awning, for example, using the velcro straps which are stitched in, throwing the included guy ropes over the top or using a pole and clamp kit to fix it to a gutter but in our opinion, the best way would be by using a fixing kit into a rail.
The Kampa Travel Pod Trip ticks a lot of boxes and really stands out as a well priced, compact and versatile driveaway awning.
Suitable for campervans with a rail height of 180 to 210cm
- Exterior height - 205cm
- Pack Size - 70 x 24 x 24 cm
- Weight - 10.83kg
- Weathershield™ 68D - Superlight weight Weathershield 68D offers the fastest set-up, take-down and a smallest tent pack sizes. highly weather-resistant, this easy to handle polyester offers exceptional value and protection against UV degradation.
- Clip-in Groundsheet - PE 10 x 10 130 g/m² 10,000 mm HH
- Secondary mesh on Front door
- One Tunnel Door - allows access into the van without going through the awning
- High-Vis guy-points around the tent
- Toggled privacy curtains - Simple and quick to use, with two varying levels of opening.
- Fibreglass Pole Frame structure - Strong and sturdy but light in pack weight
- All flysheet and groundsheet seams are factory taped - Provides watertight seal
- Kampa's Weathershield 68D - highly waterproof, durable and reliable fabric that will keep you dry and comfortable
- Full Clip-in Groundsheet - adds to the comfort of your tent by providing a bug and draught free environment.
- Waterproof PE groundsheet
- Diamond Clear windows - Maximise light and visibility
- High ventilation - Combine to create a comfortable flow of air through the tent, reducing condensation
- Easypack holdall bag - Durable to take the effort out of packing your tent away