John Attwooll & Co (Tents) Ltd are committed to safeguarding the privacy of visitors to our website. This policy sets out how we will treat your personal information.
Information we may collect:
We may collect, store and process the following kinds of personal data:
Information about your computer and your visits to and use of this website (which may include your IP address, geographical location, browser type, source of referral, the length of your visit and the number of pages you view);
Information which you provide to us for the purpose of registering on our website (which may include your name, gender, email address, company details, postal address, telephone number and fax number);
Information relating to any purchases you make on our website;
Information that you provide to us for the purpose of subscribing to newsletters, email notifications and other website services;
Any other information which you may choose to give us.
Cookies provide information regarding the computer used by a visitor and consists of information sent by a web server to a web browser, and stored by the browser. The information is then sent back to the server each time the browser requests a page from the server. This enables the web server to identify and track the web browser. Cookies provide information regarding the computer used by a visitor. Such information will not identify you personally - it is statistical data. This statistical data does not identify any personal details whatsoever.
Most browsers will allow you to change settings to reject all cookies, whilst some browsers allow you to reject just third party cookies. Please refer to your browser’s help pages to tell you how to do this. Blocking all cookies will, however, have a negative impact upon the usability of many websites, including this one.
How your personal data may be used
We may use your personal information to:
- administer the website;
- improve your browsing by personalising the website;
- enable your use of the services available on the website;
- send you goods purchased via the website;
- send statements and collect payments from you;
- send you general (non-marketing) commercial communications;
- send you email notifications which you have specifically requested;
- send to you marketing communications relating to our business or the businesses of carefully-selected third parties which we think may be of interest to you by post or, where you have specifically agreed to this, by email or similar technology (you can inform us at any time if you no longer require marketing communications);
- enable you to use and access our other websites;
- provide third parties with statistical information about our users – but this information will not be used to identify any individual user; and
- deal with enquiries and complaints made by or about you relating to the website.
All our website financial transactions are handled through our payment services providers, Barclays Merchant services and possibly PayPal. We will share information with Barclays Merchant Services and PayPal only to the extent necessary for the purposes of processing payments you make via our website and dealing with queries and complaints relating to those payments.
In addition, we may disclose information about you:
- Where we are legally required by law to disclose your personal information;
- To further fraud protection and reduce the risk of fraud
- in connection with any legal proceedings or prospective legal proceedings;
- in order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights (including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention and reducing credit risk); and
- to the purchaser (or prospective purchaser) of any business or asset which we are (or are contemplating) selling.
International data transfers
Information which you provide to us may be transferred to countries which do not have data protection laws equivalent to those in force in the European Economic Area.
You expressly agree to such transfers of personal information.
Security of your personal data
We will take all possible technical and organisational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information.
We will store the personal information you provide on secure (password and firewall protected) servers. All electronic transactions you make to or receive from us will be encrypted using SSL technology.
Unfortunately the sending of information via the internet is not guaranteed totally secure and on occasion such information can be intercepted. We cannot guarantee the security of data that you choose to send us electronically, Sending such information is entirely at your own risk.
You are responsible for keeping your password and login details confidential. We will not ask you for your password (except when you log in).
You have the right to instruct us to provide you with any personal information we hold about you. Provision of such information may be subject to the payment of a fee (currently fixed at £10.00).
You have the right to instruct us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes by email at any time.
Third party websites
The website contains links to other websites. We are not responsible for the privacy policies or practices of third party websites.
Updating your information
Please let us know if any of the personal information which we hold about you needs to be corrected or updated.
The data controller responsible for our website is John Attwooll & Co (Tents) Ltd.